Adidas stock (symbol: ADDYY) did much better than Nike stock (NKE) over the last 5 years because the company copied what Nike did. However, Nike’s valuation is still much higher and the debt is piling up. Therefore, Adidas is the better stock to invest in, but you never know given it is also a question about investing in European stocks vs. American stocks.
I made a video on Nike stock in June: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33FVH4lkpZU
My conclusion for Nike’s stock was overvaluation from a fundamental perspective and risky because:
– a growth slowdown is happening and what makes things worse,
– the management is attempting to conceal the slowdown with financial engineering.
– Nike has an extreme PE ratio which makes the stock even riskier.
In this video I’ll discuss Adidas stock as an investment opportunity and compare it to Nike stock and explain why long-term investors will continue to be better off investing in Adidas stock for the long-term.
This analysis will comprehend the following:
– Adidas stock vs Nike Stock price movement
– General business environment for both Nike and Adidas based on Q2 2020 results
– Strategic comparison and risks
– Adidas and Nike Stock fundamental comparison
Through the analysis I’ll also touch on the core investing concepts one has to think about in this environment where Adidas and Nike come as amazing examples:
– The risks of growth investing – Both Nike and Adidas stock prices have long-term growth priced in
– Do fundamentals matter at all in this market?
– Financial engineering – is it ok to take debt to push the stock higher? Nike’s debt bonanza.
So, all in all, it is not so much about the better investment, but about investing in general when it comes to Nike and Adidas.
Are you a sophisticated investor looking for in depth, independent stock analyses for investing ideas?Here is my independent stock market analysis and research! STOCK MARKET RESEARCH PLATFORM (analysis, stocks to buy, model portfolio)
Are you an investor that is just starting? Sign up for the FREE Stock Market Investing Course – a comprehensive guide to investing discussing all that matters: https://sven-carlin-research-platform.teachable.com/p/stock-market-investing
I am also a book author:
Modern Value Investing book:
Check my website to hear more about me, read my analyses and about OUR charity. (YouTube ad money is donated)
Listen to Modern Value Investing Podcast:
#adidasstock #nikestock #stocks